Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pumpkin Kiss Cookies

These are 4-ingredient pumpkin cookies that are super easy to make! They also turned out waaaay better than I was expecting. The cookie itself is just cake mix and pumpkin puree. I was afraid they wouldn't have much flavor since you don't add any spices, but I was wrong! These cookies are packed with flavor and can be ready in less than 20 minutes.

Ingredients:

1 Spice Cake Mix 18.25 oz

14 oz can Libby’s Pumpkin

1 Bag Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Cookies

1/2 Cup sanding sugar


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  In a stand or electric mixer beat the cake mix and pumpkin until well combined (about 45 seconds).
3. With a cookie scoop, scoop dough and roll top half in sanding sugar (dough is sticky) then place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until cooked through. Quickly transfer to a cooling rack and immediately press kisses into the center of each cookie. I immediately place cooling rack into the fridge for 15 minutes so the kisses don’t melt.
This recipe calls for sanding sugar, which I could not find at the grocery store. Instead, I used organic pure sugar cane. I thought the organic sugar worked just fine. The recipe also calls for a 14 oz can of pumpkin, but I could only find 15 oz cans. I just left a little spoonful in the can and called it good :)


No comments:

Post a Comment